DFW > LGA


Flight 103 & 104 of the year 2011: San Angelo to DFW to LaGuardia. So, a couple of things... First can we talk about worlds apart? I was in San Angelo Texas on Thursday afternoon. West Texas in all of its glory (I mean that as a compliment, like I always say, "God Bless Texas"!) Then I landed in NYC at 10:30 that night for a one hour drive in rain and city traffic with construction. A bit of culture shock.

Second, I have a pilots license and obviously fly a bunch commercially but even I puckered hard as we came out of the solid overcast clouds to land at Laguardia Thursday night. I was watching out the window to see when we would come out of the clouds, when all of a sudden we pop out and are just about touching the roof tops. Yikes..a 400 foot ceiling! Not a fun way to land a plane. TJS



2 comments:

  1. I found your blog via your daughter's post. Absolutely stunning photography. I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch. I am just tagging along on Kelly's coat tails as a blogger. She handles all of this for me. I just get to have fun taking pictures as I fly around the country.
    Travel safe my friends!
    T

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010-2011 The Flying Lens. All rights reserved.